Indoor Air Quality Services in Largo
Breathe Easy with Our Clean Air Solutions
The temperature of the air in your home is very important, of course, but so is the quality of that air. You spend a lot of time in your home every day—and you are continually breathing the air within. It’s important that the air you breathe is as clean as possible. Weathermakers Air Conditioning & Heating offers indoor air quality services in Largo that will ensure the air in your home is the best it can be.
From air filtration to UV purification, our HVAC team has the solution you’re looking for. We want your home to be as comfortable as possible and will go above and beyond to find the best solution for you, your family, and your budget.
Our indoor air quality services include:
- UV light air purification
- Duct cleaning services
- Humidifiers and dehumidifiers
- Air filtration
- Air balancing
To learn more about these services and how they can benefit your home, reach out to our Largo indoor air quality team today at (727) 513-5882. We also offer free estimates and 24/7 emergency services.
Common Causes of Poor Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality can become just as polluted as the air outside. We know, it’s shocking. How can the air inside of our homes even get close to equating to the exhaust pipe, factory steamed air that is outdoors? Well, there are a number of compromising substances and materials that lurk in your home, jeopardizing your air quality. Here are some of the most common sources of indoor air pollutants:
- Cleaning Products: Most store-bought, generic and brand-name, cleaning products contain volatile organic compounds. These organic chemicals are the most prevalent indoor air pollutants in your home. From aerosol cleaners and air fresheners to masking sprays and personal care products, volatile organic compounds make their way into your air and settle in your carpeting and onto your furniture. Avoid using items that contain benzene, ethylene glycol, formaldehyde, acetone, methylene chloride, and tetrachloroethene. They are toxic and can cause health implications such as ear, nose and throat irritation, nausea, and rashes.
- Mold and Mildew: Florida is humid. And, as a result, our homes have high levels of moisture—they are extremely susceptible to mold and mildew growth. Mold spores can set up camp inside your HVAC system. When you use your heating and cooling system, mold spores become airborne, and mold will pop up in new areas of your home. To manage your home humidity levels, install dehumidifiers and have a professional check your ventilation to make sure it is in good condition.
- Poor HVAC Maintenance: All of the air you breathe travels through your HVAC system before it makes its way to you. If your air encounters grime, dirt, and debris, you will face the same. Make sure you partake in professional duct cleaning and habitually change your air filters.
- Pesticides: Between you, your partner, and your kids, dirt is often tracked inside your home. Most soil in a residential neighborhood has been sprayed by pesticides. And, when you bring that dirt indoors, the pesticide chemicals are brought into your space. Additionally, most of us also use pesticides in our own homes. Make sure your exterminator is mixing all pesticide substances outside of your home, and you follow the proper protocol before entering a space that was just sprayed. Pesticides pose health threats such as nerve damage and an increased risk of cancer. Keep your space clean, and try taking your shoes off at the front door!
- Pet Hair and Dander: If your pet sheds, they are leaving dander throughout your home. When these skin cells become airborne they can cause allergies to flare and can initiate cold symptoms. To avoid health issues, make sure to regularly vacuum and dust your home. It is also imperative that you change your HVAC system’s air filter at least every other month.
- Cookware: Non-stick cookware is the best; however, there are potential problems with using these pots and pans. To create your non-stick pan that doesn’t ruin your morning eggs, chemicals have to be used. And, when a non-stick pan becomes overheated, toxic fumes are released into your air. Keep the searing to cast iron pans to avoid releasing harmful chemicals into your air.
Whole-Home Air Filtration
Our whole-home air cleaners will trap and filter any particles and contaminants that pass through your air ducts before they get dispersed in your air. We use Media Air Cleaners, which are able to catch up to 96% of these unwanted particles that are passing through your ducts. This filtration also helps maintain high air flow, ensuring your system operates at its highest efficiency.
One of the most popular air filtration systems available, the Honeywell F300 Whole-House Electronic Air Cleaner, is able to trap up to 99% of unhealthy particles by placing a charge on these particles and then collecting them.
UV Purification Systems
If your heating or cooling system becomes contaminated, it may also be a breeding ground for biological contaminants, including mold, bacteria, and viruses. These can then be dispersed throughout your home via your air ducts. Weathermakers Air Conditioning & Heating offers UV purification systems that can help rid your home of these toxins—and prevent them all together. UV treatment and purification sends ionized oxidizers into the rooms of your home to destroy these pollutants at their source.
We offer the Bluetube Germicidal UV system, which will keep your central air system clean, and the RGF GuardianAir™ whole-house system, which can reduce micro-organisms by over 99% using advanced oxidation plasma.
Humidifiers & Dehumidifiers
We don’t need to tell you that summers in Florida can be quite humid. In fact, they can be downright unbearable. Sleeping in humid weather is no fun feat, so dry out the air in your home and get a good night’s rest with the help of our Largo dehumidifier services. Additionally, for those dry times of year, we also offer humidifier services. Our team offers free estimates and can discuss your problems, your needs, and your budget before settling on the perfect choice for your home.
The air in your home is only as fresh and clean as the ducts that deliver it. That’s why Weathermakers Air Conditioning & Heating offers thorough duct cleaning services. Dust, dirt, and grime can build up inside your ducts and decrease the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems. We can clean your ducts and improve the quality of your air.
We Have the Solution for Your Home
Every home is different and has its own unique requirements. We have the solution that will fit your needs and your budget. There are a lot of options for improving your indoor air quality. We can go over each and settle on the best choice for you. We offer free in-person estimates and will come to your home and discuss your options.
Additionally, our Largo HVAC team:
- Provides financing options
- Offers trained, bonded, and insured technicians
- Has over 40 years of quality experience
Contact us today to learn more about our indoor air quality services.